Rockhampton Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Rockhampton Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing rockhampton.city for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Rockhampton for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Rockhampton?
Rockhampton in Queensland, Australia is a city rich in history and cultural heritage. As a result, there are numerous galleries, museums, and historical venues in and around the city that are worth visiting. Whether you're a local resident or a tourist visiting the area, here are some of the best places that you can explore:
- Archer Park Rail Museum: Located in the heart of Rockhampton, Archer Park Rail Museum is a popular attraction for railway enthusiasts and history buffs. The museum showcases the city's rich railway heritage through a collection of steam locomotives, carriages, and other railway equipment.
- Capricornia Arts Mob: This gallery is located near the river in the city centre of Rockhampton. It is a space for local Indigenous artists to showcase their work in a range of mediums, from painting to pottery.
- Outback Regional Gallery: Located in the town of Longreach, which is a 3-hour drive from Rockhampton, the Outback Regional Gallery is a must-visit for art lovers. The gallery is home to an extensive collection of Australian art, including works by some of Australia's most renowned artists.
- Rockhampton Art Gallery: Established in 1967, the Rockhampton Art Gallery is one of the oldest and most iconic cultural institutions in the city. The gallery houses an extensive collection of Australian art, including paintings, sculptures, and decorative arts.
- Rockhampton Heritage Village: The Rockhampton Heritage Village is a living museum that showcases the city's colonial past. Visitors can explore the village's array of historical buildings, including a schoolhouse, blacksmith shop, and a general store.
- Yeppoon Railway Station Museum: Located in the seaside town of Yeppoon, which is a 40-minute drive from Rockhampton, this museum is home to a collection of railway memorabilia and artifacts. Visitors can learn about the history of rail travel in the region and view a range of locomotives and carriages.
- Capricorn Caves: Located 23 kilometers north of Rockhampton, the Capricorn Caves are a popular tourist attraction. The caves are home to a range of stunning rock formations and are considered one of the best caves in Australia.
- Mount Morgan Museum: The Mount Morgan Museum is located in the historic mining town of Mount Morgan, which is a 35-minute drive from Rockhampton. The museum tells the story of the town's gold-mining past and is home to a range of exhibits, including mining equipment and photographs.
- Rockhampton Botanic Gardens: The Rockhampton Botanic Gardens is a beautiful parkland that covers 65 hectares. The gardens are home to a range of exotic and native plants and are a popular spot for picnics, walking, and relaxation.
Overall, Rockhampton and the surrounding areas have a wealth of galleries, museums, and historical venues that are worth exploring. From learning about Australia's rich railway heritage to exploring the region's unique caves and flora, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
Rockhampton Galleries and Museums Articles