Rockhampton Local Services
Rockhampton ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Rockhampton site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Rockhampton Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Rockhampton When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Rockhampton Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Rockhampton Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Rockhampton ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Rockhampton and a Place to Meet
The rockhampton.city Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Rockhampton
Rockhampton is a vibrant and prosperous city located in Central Queensland, Australia. Also known as the 'Beef Capital of Australia', it is famous for its vast cattle stations, rodeos, and meat processing industries. Here are some interesting facts about Rockhampton:
- Rockhampton is situated on the Tropic of Capricorn, which means the city is officially in the tropics. Visitors can see the Tropic of Capricorn marker on the Bruce Highway, just north of the city.
- The city has a population of approximately 80,000 people, making it the fourth-largest city in Queensland.
- Rockhampton has a rich and diverse history, with evidence of Indigenous occupation dating back over 40,000 years. European settlement began in the mid-1800s, and many of the city's heritage buildings and sites still stand today.
- The Fitzroy River runs through Rockhampton and is the second-longest river system in Queensland. It is a popular spot for swimming, fishing, and boating.
- The city hosts the famous Rockhampton Agricultural Show each year, which is one of the largest exhibitions of its kind in Australia. It showcases the best of the region's produce, livestock, and arts and crafts.
- Rockhampton is home to several stunning national parks, including Mount Archer National Park, which features rugged sandstone cliffs and breathtaking views of the city and surrounding areas.
- The Capricorn Caves, located just north of Rockhampton, are one of the region's most popular tourist attractions. Visitors can explore caves and learn about their history, as well as participate in adventure activities such as abseiling and rock climbing.
- Rockhampton is the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, one of the world's most extraordinary natural wonders. Visitors can take a short flight or boat trip from Rockhampton to access the reef and experience its world-renowned beauty and diversity.
There is so much more to see and do in Rockhampton, making it a fascinating, unique, and exciting destination for visitors from around the world.